___You know what corporate giving is, and what can be considered corporate giving, including:
- Corporate sponsorship
- Employee volunteerism
- Matching programs
- In-kind contributions
- Cause-related marketing
___You know the difference between a company-sponsored foundation and a corporate direct giving program.
___You understand why corporations give money to not-for-profit organizations:
- Enhance their image
- Improve their community
- Support initiatives that will lead to a better work force or new technology
___You know not to try to tap into corporate resources when:
- Your work is controversial.
- You don't wish to appear to endorse any particular product or company.
- Corporations are not used to donating to your type of work.
- Revenue for the corporation will not be generated.
- Your organizational goals are unclear.
___You have considered what your organizational needs are.
___You have researched local and national corporations in your community, specifically for:
- CEOs, VPs, and Board Members
- How much money they are willing to give
- What the requirements for the corporation are
- What the local business scene is like
___Personal contact with representatives from the corporation has been made.
___Your formal request for assistance has been made.
___If appropriate, you celebrated!
___Follow ups with the organization have been made.