Primary Community Tool BoxSupports for this Process:
1. Identify key stakeholders, their questions of interest, and other reporting needs (if applicable) for the documentation and feedback system.
- Key stakeholders of the organization were involved in designing or adapting the documentation system for the initiative.
- The group has identified the types of data and information that are important to key stakeholders and other audiences.
- The group has identified the primary purposes, functions, and uses of data that is documented for the initiative.
- The group has developed a key set of evaluation questions that are important to stakeholders and other important audiences.
2. Identify the measures to be used in the documentation and feedback system.
- The group collects process measures.
- The group documents the activities (implementation of the intervention) or efforts of the initiative in addressing the issue.
- The group collects longer-term or outcomes measures.
- The group has identified the data sources and assured access to various types of measures to be collected by the initiative.
- The types of data that are collected and documented are consistent with the measures indicated in the logic model or strategic plan.
- The group has a protocol established for collecting and documenting data that specifies all of the following: The types of data to be collected; who is responsible for documenting data; how often data will be collected.
3. Document or collect the data using systematic methods.
- The group has an established process for regularly assessing the reliability and the validity of the data that is collected and documented by the initiative.
4. Analyze, communicate, and use the data to make improvements in the initiative.
- The group, including both the staff and board members, regularly reviews and provides feedback on data that is documented by the initiative to assure the accuracy and completeness of the data.
- The group, including both the staff and board members, regularly reviews the evaluation questions and documented data to assess progress.
- The group regularly analyzes (make sense of data) to help make adjustments and improvements to the initiative.
- The group reviews and uses data that is documented by the initiative as a tool for celebrating accomplishments and acknowledging individuals for their contributions to the initiative.