___You understand what a staff orientation program is.
___You know why you should have a staff orientation program and what it will accomplish.
Before the staff orientation program:
- You know how to conduct a staff orientation program and have:
- Decided at whom your orientation is aimed
- Clarified what you want to accomplish
- Decided on the content of the orientation
- Decided whether the orientation will be group or individual
- Chosen your format and methods
- Decided who will conduct the orientation
- Decided the length of the orientation
- Evaluated your orientation each time you run it
- Created some sort of marker for the end of the orientation or orientation period
In the staff orientation program
___You have addressed the logistical, professional, social and philosophical factors to orient new staff members
___Your orientation program helps new staff members to fit into the organization and do the best job they can.
___You have included an introduction to the organization's:
- Organizational philosophy
- Methods or strategies
- Organizational structure
- Logistics and day-to-day routine
- Policies and procedures
- Organizational culture
___You have an introduction to the target population and community if your organization is targeted to a particular group.
___You have introduced staff members to their position by stating:
- What the job actually looks like day to day
- Unstated job requirements
- Trial period
- Regular evaluation