___You understand that social marketing is the application of commercial marketing techniques to social problems.
___You understand that the difference between commercial and social marketing is commercial marketing tries to change people's behavior for the benefit of the marketer, while social marketing tries to change people's behavior for the benefit of the individual, or of society as a whole.
___You have identified the behaviors you want to change.
___You have identified your audience.
___You have identified the barriers to change.
___You have reduced the barriers to change.
___You have pretested your ideas.
___You have publicized both the benefits of change, and also your efforts to make change easier.
___You have assessed your results.
___You understand that advertising is only one part of social marketing.
___You understand that social marketing is scalable and learnable.
___You understand that social marketing is important because:
- It helps you reach the target audiences you want to reach.
- It helps you customize your message to those targeted audiences; and by doing so,
- It helps you create greater and longer-lasting behavior change in those audiences.
- It works.
___You know that the "4Ps" of marketing are product, price, place, and promotion.
___You know the "stages of change" in a successful effort:
- Create awareness and interest
- Change attitudes and conditions
- Motivate people to want to change their behavior
- Empower people to act
- Prevent backsliding