What is conflict resolution?
___Conflict resolution is a way for two or more parties to find a peaceful solution to a disagreement among them
Why should you use conflict resolution?
___You want to come to an agreement that benefits all parties
___You want to understand more about those whose ideas, beliefs, and backgrounds may be different from your own
___You want to ensure that your relationships with opponents continue and grow
___You want to find peaceful solutions to difficult situations
___You want to save your energy for more productive activities than battles
___You know when you should resolve the conflict
___You have decided if the conflict is between individuals or groups (or an individual and a group)
What are the seven steps to resolving conflict?
___You understand the conflict:
- You understand both sides' interests
- You have considered the possible outcomes of the negotiation
- You have considered possible mediators and objective standards to help resolve the dispute
___You are ready to communicate with the opposition:
- You are willing to negotiate with the opposition in order to find a resolution
- You want to learn from your opposition
- You want to turn your opposition into an ally
___You are prepared to brainstorm for possible resolutions
___You have selected the best resolution
___You have found a third party mediator and/or objective standard
___You have set a best alternative for yourself if negotiations fail
___You are ready to identify and cope with stressful situations and pressure tactics